iStack Conferences brings you Affiliate World Conference with bi-annual events held in Barcelona and Bangkok, as well as a one-off global event in Dubai in February 2022.
Since 2015, our conferences have grown exponentially and have become industry leaders globally with more than 500 companies and 8000 attendees annually for our in-person events, and over 65,000 attendees across our two online events Ad World and Ecom World.
And when we say ‘conferences’, don’t get confused with grey-suited businesspeople in drab dimly lit rooms eating stable sandwiches. Our “conferences” are attended by sharp online entrepreneurs with the future in mind. We make our ‘in person’ events more music festival than monotone, think a huge impressive stage with LED lighting, beer pong tournaments, and adult-sized bouncy castles. Our “conferences” are very fun and we apply this same mindset to our working set-up offering very flexible working hours, virtual offices, and annual travel to Bangkok and Barcelona for our events.
About the team
We’re known for producing the best events in the industry and the team that produces those conferences is our incredible mix of talented and passionate professionals drawn from the worlds of design, event management, marketing, and more. We have grown from a very small team to a global company of more than 30+ people based across Europe, Philippines, USA/Canada, and New Zealand.
We are now looking to grow our team further and take our company to the next level and we are looking for a Marketing Manager to help reach our goals for 2021.
Your role and impact on our team
- We are looking for a Marketing Manager to help drive our highly creative, performance-driven Affiliate World team forward and scale our event.
- Your role is to lead the marketing department for Affiliate World implementing the day-to-day marketing campaigns across social media, email, web pages, and more.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Marketing, you will work closely on establishing strategic direction and reporting on budgets, performance, and problems/opportunities.
- You will take responsibility for coordinating the advertising campaigns, creatives, content, web pages to the high standard expected at iStack Conferences.
- You will need to build relationships with other departments such as Speakers, Design, Sales, and Technology to collaborate for marketing tasks.
- You will be responsible for helping to develop the skills of your dedicated social media manager who will offer you assistance so you can delegate more tasks.
- You will need to have your finger on the pulse with our paid advertising campaigns particularly Facebook, offering assistance to the media buyers by organizing the design of new ad creatives, the copywriting, and organizing the links and landing pages they need.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- Minimum 2-year experience in a marketing manager role.
- Social media marketing - Experience in running the major social media and marketing channels preferably for events or within the affiliate industry.
- Copywriting - Experience crafting and editing copy and headlines for social posts, stories, emails and ads.
- Creative Strategist - Priding ourselves on creative and content that stands out, you need to be able to research and think of new concepts to bring to life or repurposing the event content you will have at your disposal.
- Team Management Skills - Experience managing a social media team and a proven track record of meeting deadlines and targets.
- Organized - being able to juggle multiple tasks at once to ensure you can bring everything together.
- A Problem Solver - Identify bottlenecks, troubleshoot, and provide solutions for problems you encounter.
- Facebook & Google Ads - experience of ad creation on Facebook and Google Ad platforms for media buyers.
- Youtube - experience uploading videos, curating playlists, and maintaining our youtube channel
- Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Data Studios, Google Docs + Sheets - all used for reporting, split-tests, optimization, and coordination.
- Email Marketing - Experience coordinating and scheduling email marketing campaigns, setting up automations, and segmenting audiences. We use Klaviyo.
- Analytical Mind - You will need to know where to find data, how to analyze it, and identify problems and opportunities to increase the efficiency of your marketing.
- Marketing Budgets - analyze marketing reports and manage a marketing budget, plus look for key factors that help drive success for our conferences.
- Eye for Detail - Ensure your team is maintaining a high standard of copywriting, creativity and are consistent with our brand guidelines.
- A Growth Mindset - We like to move very quickly and get things done. You need to be hungry.
- SEO Experience - A bonus but not necessary.
IMPORTANT: You must understand the affiliate marketing industry and how it works. You must understand the different types of verticals, traffic sources, and affiliate jargon used within the industry.
Awesome Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Fit work around your life. We use virtual offices and work from home depending on where in the world you are based.
- Enjoy the fruits of Remote Work (once travel is safely acceptable). As long as your work is done to schedule, we don’t mind if you want to travel at times when doing it. This is normally accepted after your probationary period and depending on event deadlines.
- Master new skills and develop your role. Dream big and we’ll give you the opportunity to take on more responsibility and develop yourself.
- Travel the world! With annual trips to Bangkok and Barcelona to see your work come to life as well as spend time with your new iStack family from all over the world.
- We believe the key to success is happy and fulfilled people. We have a friendly and supportive work environment which attracts and rewards talent and hard work.