The Performance Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing digital paid media to drive customer acquisition, conversion and repeat purchase across D2C (blissworld.com), retailer stores, retailer websites, and Amazon. This role will report to the VP Digital. The Bliss team is lean at 30+ people and combines the best of both worlds: the nimbleness and speed of a startup, with the seasoned leadership and infrastructure of an established business. The ideal candidate is willing to roll up their sleeves, is comfortable multi-tasking and enjoys the challenge of utilizing a broad range of skills in a fast-paced, agile, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build and own budget, strategy, creative and reporting for all digital media.
- Partner with VP Digital on managing the profitable investment of $1MM+ (minimum) user acquisition budget to hit KPI targets and achieve user and revenue growth.
- Manage media spend across paid social, SEM, display/DSP, influencers, affiliate and direct-to-publisher channels.
- Aggressively reach & acquire new Bliss consumers via multi-channel paid media investment, SEO, partnerships, etc.
- Develop and execute digital and direct marketing plan for Ecommerce, retailer dotcoms and paid social media with a focus on ROAS and ROI
- Develop the digital marketing scorecard to track, analyze and report on the strategy. Lead day-to-day oversight to ensure performance KPIs are met. Quickly identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based.
- Partner with marketing and creative teams to inform creative strategy and to develop ads and videos for all campaign assets.
- Plan and execute A/B and multivariate tests.
- Provide clear direction and relevant communication to senior leaders and stakeholders regarding performance of all paid media and provide actionable insights on opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative backgrounds: mathematics, economics, etc.)
- At least 5 years of marketing experience at a major agency or high-profile brand; with at least 3 years of digital performance marketing experience across paid social platforms, SEM, native, influencer platforms, DSPs, affiliates, etc.
- Expert knowledge of growth and acquisition marketing – digital media planning, buying, and optimization and KPI management. Proven track record of ability to optimize and scale campaigns.
- Expert on media buying tactics - CAC/CPA, ROAS/ROI, LTCV, Media Playback Windows, Attribution Models
- Mastery of SEO/SEM strategies, retargeting, paid social media, acquisition tactics and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of web tools including pixels, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Experience with data feed management and optimization across multiple channels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations to the business
- Fashion or beauty experience a plus
- Aligned with Bliss’ core values
- Exceptional leader and action-oriented self-starter who can set strategy and drive execution with a “roll up the sleeves” approach
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious with a “can-do” mentality
- A believer in radical transparency with excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills. Willingness to build buy-in from stakeholders in all functions and geographies
- Innate sense of urgency. Personally committed to moving aggressively without needing any nudges
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy and passion throughout the organization
- Possesses a balanced ego and is driven by the need for company success
- Passionate about the brand with a deep appreciation for the product and understanding of the customer’s experience
- Impeccable levels of integrity, character and professionalism in all business dealings
- Ability to quickly establish strong credibility with employees, business partners and external resources
- A results orientation with an unrelenting drive to succeed and win