As a media buyer you will be responsible for the top to bottom stewardship of Broadcast and Video investment and implementation for assigned clients. Primarily responsibilities will be to execute and maintain campaigns, ensuring excellence in campaign delivery against an assigned target while demonstrating cost efficiency and appropriate levels of effectiveness. You will prepare and present pre and post-buy reports, write industry point-of-view documents, and stay current with media trends through research and analysis. The media buyer will collaborate with the planning team to determine appropriate strategies and develop innovative tactics. In addition, the buyer will be responsible for the training, development and growth of Buying Assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree or related College Diploma in Advertising/Media/Marketing
- 2-5 years of Media Buying experience
- Fluent with Adtraq or DDS, Lens for Radio/Airware, Infosys, Comscore and other broadcast/video research tools with ability to apply them to buying process
- Proven negotiation skills and excellent rapport with reps
- Strong decision making/analytical abilities, and can critically defend and rationalize selections
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to function in high pressure situations and deliver efficient solutions
- Proficient in numbers and budgeting
- Mid-level computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry. We humbly accepted 254 awards in 2017 including the coveted Agency of the Year title for the second year in a row.
- We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Our people are the best. We have each other’s backs.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You will be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone, to amplify your potential.
- We have flexible hours and fun happens daily… rooftop cocktails anyone?
- Dogs of Cossette are a thing. Yes, you can bring Barkley to the office.
- All of this AND you get a salary, benefits, training, and bottomless cups of cappuccino.
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties?
Based On Experience
Desirable Industry Skills
Social Media Marketing
Minimum Years of Experience